dameware.com

The Official DameWare Development Community Forum

Skip to content

Free DameWare SSH Client for Windows Released!

DameWare SSH Client for Windows forum

Free DameWare SSH Client for Windows Released!

Postby robhock on Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:44 pm

Today we are pleased to announce the release of the new free DameWare SSH Client for Windows. This free tool raises the bar on what you would expect from a free SSH client. We've all used the same free SSH client forever, and have grown to appreciate it and all of it's quirks. We just decided to get rid of the quirks. :)
The free DameWare SSH client has all the features you have come to expect in a free SSH client, along with some notable improvements:

Tabbed Sessions - Simple- but remember how this changed your web browsing experience?

Credential manager - Pick your credentials and connect- no need to save credentials per host

Create shortcuts to re-launch saved sessions quickly.

Check out http://www.dameware.com/free-ssh-client-for-windows.aspx and take it for a spin.
robhock

Re: Free DameWare SSH Client for Windows Released!

Postby pechter on Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:19 pm

You really need to add ssh key support for sites that don't allow password login.
Supporting putty/ssh2/openssh format (pick one) would be good. Putty has a conversion utility that lets you convert. Openssh key format may be the most common these days.
pechter

Postby ianm on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:33 am

Unfortunately, none of the text editors appear to work correctly. It doesn't seem to support the cursor positioning etc.
ianm

Postby robhock on Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:52 pm

Ian,

Yes, there are some known issues with vi and pico (among others) that we are aware of. Hopefully this should be resolved in a near-term release.
robhock

Postby SageMajor on Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:08 pm

How can I remove a host from the list? I see the credential option, but no manager sessions.

I closed and re-opened the client and still have ips that I don't care about any longer in the list.
SageMajor

Return to DameWare SSH Client for Windows