dameware.com

The Official DameWare Development Community Forum

Skip to content

Dameware agent 9.0 fix port firewall exception automatic

This is where we talk about anything and everything pertaining to DameWare Development software.

Dameware agent 9.0 fix port firewall exception automatic

Postby monday8848 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:27 am

Hi: I have a question need help, Our company want deploy dameware mini remote control to replace current tightvnc. We want deploy agent through GPO policy. Meantime I want agent don't add 6129 port to firewall exception, I want add 6129 port to firewall exception through GPO policy. And restrict only 10 IP addresses can connect it. I can deploy TightVNC through GPO, and don’t add port exception to firewall, then add it by GPO policy. But seems dameware agent can't do this. Does anyone know how to don’t add port exception to firewall through GPO deploy agent? So I plan to use netsh firewall delete command to delete dameware 6129 port exception in firewall. But dameware is so stronger, I can see I successfully delete 6129 entry in firewall. But once I restart computer. This 6129 port exception have been add to firewall exception again. It seems agent can check the problem,and fix it by himself. Does anyone know,how to close this function? BTW,test computer is XP system. thanks.
monday8848

Return to General Discussion