dameware.com

The Official DameWare Development Community Forum

Skip to content

Adding new connection types

A place to post suggestions and ideas about DameWare Development software.

Adding new connection types

Postby ggbce on Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:48 am

Hi,

I use Dameware MRC since many years and I found this product very useful ! With the new version (9.x) I was really happy to see MRC, RDP, VNC and Intel AMT protocol option, WOL, Ping utilities also !!!

But in our environment... and in many environments where I work since last 15 years we still having to use more than one application to manage computers remotely because not all protocols are supported by the same application... Dameware Mini Remote Control included.

If you could add at least Telnet and SSH protocols (for command line systems like Linux/Unix/AIX/Sun servers or network equipments like switches, routers, print servers, etc.) it will be very nice and allow less management (less products) !!!

And, if I don't think just for my situation, addind ICA protocol could be nice also !

----------

For those that couldbe happy of this new addons, please submit your interests also !!!
ggbce

Re: Adding new connection types

Postby macnugetz on Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:10 am

ggbce,

Thanks for the feedback. Glad to hear you like the new features.

What product are you currently using to connect via SSH and/or Telnet? Have you ever tried using the Remote Command View in DameWare Remote Support (formerly NT Utilities... we changed the name in 9.0) to connect to those systems?

-Craig
macnugetz

Postby ggbce on Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:10 pm

Actually we use another Third Party application (VisionApp) or direct application like Telnet in command-line, PuTTY (Telnet, SSH), Termlite (Telnet), etc.

If we could have one console for all access, it could be easier and faster !
ggbce

Postby sphendry on Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:15 pm

We use ASG VisionApp 2012 as well. Dameware remote administration has more functionality but lacks some of hte features that we really like, for example being able to store credentials for people to use but no be able to see, provide access to those credentials via groups, group server, pcs, ect into containers for easily keeping track of servers that make up application groups or environments like dev, qa, and prod without having to use Active Directory OUs. I am not sure if Dameware does this but using an external database to keep all this info so users can share the connection topology. Also being able to add additional applications as the previous post mentioned that would be great too. If we could get Dameware to function like VisionApp but provide the advanced more robust features of DameWare we would switch. No easy task but something to keep in mind.
Thanks,
sphendry

Return to Wish List