dameware.com

The Official DameWare Development Community Forum

Skip to content

Incorrect Password or unknown user name

DameWare Mini Remote Control technical questions and information forum.

Incorrect Password or unknown user name

Postby AndrewD on Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:59 pm

I am using DameWare 6.8.1.4
I newly installed a server in our domain (server 2003 Standard R2 w/ SP2) and I tried to install the DameWare client remotely and I get the Incorrect Password or unknown user name error. I am supplying the Remote Access Administrator account of the domain each time. I even tried the local Administrator account of the server and got the same error. I have installed DameWare remotely to other domain servers may times and this error is my first.
Remote Desktop connections work fine though to this new server.

Andrew
AndrewD

Re: Incorrect Password or unknown user name

Postby abuzar on Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:44 am

Greetings of the new year to all :)

I am using Dame Ware 8.0.0.102
The same version of dame ware supports the xp or Win 7, but in some cases of Win 7 i am having the error that username or password is incorrect. I am supplying the domain Administrator account but to no avail. the error used to appear when i am trying to install the files remotely, also i have tried adding the dame ware's port 6129 manually in the inbound rules but found no change in the status.
kindly help me out in what i am missing.

Thanks in advance.
abuzar

Re: Incorrect Password or unknown user name

Postby robhock on Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:52 pm

Happy new year as well. Generally agent deployment issues are firewall related. Have you perhaps seen this KB? http://support.dameware.com/kb/article.aspx?ID=201045
robhock

Return to Mini Remote Control