dameware.com

The Official DameWare Development Community Forum

Skip to content

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Authentication Issues

DameWare Mini Remote Control technical questions and information forum.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Authentication Issues

Postby AuberonKai on Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:38 pm

I just installed Win7 Ultimate 64-bit a couple nights ago, and DameWare MRC 6.8.1.4 tonight. I have been having authentication issues between this one and my Win7 Ultimate 32-bit installation on my laptop. Both machines have DWMRC 6.8.1.4 installed on them, and I cannot get either one to successfully log in to the other using DWMRC. Each time, no matter the authentication method, it presents me with a "Access denied" message, and requests my username and password again for the host.

I've gone back to the host machine (the desktop) and verified numerous times that the user information I'm using is 100% correct.

Am I missing something? Please tell me I'm doing something wrong, and that there's an easy fix for this.

Thanks.
AuberonKai

Re: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Authentication Issues

Postby AuberonKai on Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:26 pm

This issue has been resolved. I used the MSI builder on each machine separately, and despite the fact that the MSI builder specifies that it is only for Vista 32-bit (and nothing higher), it works on both Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (Build 7100 Release Candidate) and Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit OEM. I took queues from other posts, turning off the MRC mirroring, and both now connect to each other flawlessly.

Again, this issue is resolved.
AuberonKai

Return to Mini Remote Control